Reporting on Sustainable Forest Management: State of Europe's Forests Report
The data collection process for the FOREST EUROPE Report on ‚ÄúState of Europe‚Äôs Forests‚ÄĚ relies on the improved set of Pan-European Criteria & Indicators (C&I) for Sustainable Forest Management, which is a core tool for monitoring changes with regard to all dimensions of Sustainable Forest Management in Europe. This set of indicators has been developed, improved and updated within the FOREST EUROPE process through the years.
State of Europe's Forest 2015
The 4th, and so far last, edition of the State of Europe's Forests Report was launched at the 7th Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe, which took place in Madrid, Spain, on 20-21 October 2015.
The report covers the 46 FOREST EUROPE signatory countries and the European Union. The information used in the compilation of the report was supplied by the governments and by several international data providers. The FOREST EUROPE‚Äôs Liaison Unit Madrid was in charge of the coordination and compilation of the report, in collaboration with FAO, EFI, the European Commission Joint Research Centre in Ispra and the University of Hamburg. The UNECE/FAO Forestry and Timber Section provided its technical support through the collection, processing and reviewing of the data from the SFM quantitative indicators.
Information on national and pan-European implementation of FOREST EUROPE Commitments 2011-2015 has been published in a different report.
You can find here the results and outcomes of the State of Europe's Forests 2015 Report.
State of Europe's Forest 2011
State of Europe's Forest 2007
- Inquiry for qualitative indicators
- Quantitative indicators from IDP
- National data sent to countries for verification
- Quantitative indicators (completed)
- Private Forest Ownership (completed)
- MCPFE Assessment Guidelines for Protected and Protective Forest and other Wooded Land in Europe (Vienna Resolution 4, including Annex1 and Annex2)
- MCPFE Information Document on Data Collection and Compiling the Statistics on Protected and Protective Forest and other Wooded Land in Europe
State of Europe's Forest 2003
The State of Europe's Forests 2003 was prepared for the Fourth Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe, held in Vienna in April 2003.