FOREST EUROPE Workshop on Green Economy and Social Aspects of SFM
The main objective of this workshop, as stated in the FOREST EUROPE Programme of Work, was ‚Äúto identifying effective measures to foster and strengthen green jobs and propose pan-European approaches to raise awareness and to serve decision making on the contributions of multiple forest functions to the world economy, building upon the outcomes of Rio+20 and the Sustainable Development Goals‚ÄĚ.
The workshop also dealt with the social dimension of SFM, addressing aspects related to the new social demands on forests.
- Concept Note
- Working group 1: background document
- Working group 2: background document
- Practical Information
- Field trip information
- Workshop report
1. The Rovaniemi Action Plan for the Forest Sector in a Green Economy - Arnaud Brizay (UNECE/FAO)
2. The Forest Kingdom, a vision for jobs and growth - Karin √Ėstberg, Swedish Forest Agency
3. PASSFOR: Plan for an activation of the Spanish Forest Sector - Francisco Javier Adell - Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment (Spain)
4. Castilla y Leon's Programme of Micology - Alvaro Picardo, Regional Government of Castilla y Le√≥n